1. The applicant must either be a parent of a current Avon Lake City School student, a current employee of the Avon Lake City Schools or a resident of Avon Lake who is involved in an activity or project that directly benefits students enrolled in Avon Lake City Schools.
2. All applications require a building principal’s signature to verify the project is beyond the scope of the normal curriculum.
3. Grants must benefit students enrolled in the Avon Lake City School district.
4. Normal school policies govern all grant requests. Regular policies pertaining to field trips and use of school property shall be enforced.
5. Grant recipients may be asked to share findings or experiences with other groups or students. Grant recipients are strongly encouraged to take pictures of their projects/participants and submit them to the Foundation for public relations use both during the school year and with their final report.
6. Grant applications must be typed. The forms provided are for your convenience and do not have to be used, although the format must be followed and all of the information requested must be included.
7. All applications submitted will be reviewed at the beginning of May – if your application does not meet our guidelines, you will be notified at that time. Also, applicants may be required to attend the May evening meeting to give a short (5-10 minute) presentation to the Board of Trustees. We will contact these applicants at the beginning of May to make those arrangements, if necessary.
8. If your program is awarded funds, you are required to submit a final typewritten evaluation of your program. The evaluation will cover the program’s implementation, progress and overall impact on students. This final evaluation report must be submitted by May 1, 2017 or allocation of future grants will be jeopardized.
9. Please note funds awarded for the 2016-17 school year will be available after July 1, 2016 and must be used by May 1, 2017. Funds not used by that date will be forfeited and returned back to the Foundation.
10. All items purchased with the grant will become the property of the Avon Lake City Schools.
11. Annual Grants can be requested for any dollar amount. Mini-Grants can be requested for any amount and are reviewed in September and January as funds are available. All guidelines set forth herein must be followed as well as other criteria.
If a grant request has special extenuating circumstances please fill out the form below.